ZeuS/Zbot.This banking Trojan is another oldie but baddie. ZeuS/Zbot source code was first released in 2011. ZeuS/Zbot source code was first released in 2011. It uses keystroke logging — recording your keystrokes as you log into your bank account, for instance — to steal your credentials and perhaps your account balance as well. Zeus, ZeuS, or Zbot is a Trojan horse malware package that runs on versions of Microsoft Windows.While it can be used to carry out many malicious and criminal tasks, it is often used to steal banking information by man-in-the-browser keystroke logging and form grabbing.
Clampi (also known as Ligats, llomo, or Rscan) is a strain of computer malware which infects Windows computers. More specifically, as a man-in-the-browser banking trojan designed to transmit financial and personal information from a compromised computer to a third party for potential financial gain as well as report on computer configuration, communicate with a central server, and act as downloader for other malware. Clampi was first observed in 2007 affecting computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Clampi monitored over 4000 website URLs, effectively keylogging credentials and user information for not only bank and credit card websites, but also reported on utilities, market research firms, online casinos, and career websites. At its peak in the fall of 2009, a computer security professional stated that it was one of the largest and most professional thieving operations on the Internet, likely run by a Russian or eastern European syndicate.False-positive reporting of Clampi is also often used by tech support scammers to pressure individuals into sending them money for the removal of fake computer viruses.
Computer security analyst Nicolas Falliere claimed that 'few threats have had us scratching our heads like Trojan.Clampi.' It was the first trojan found to be using a virtual machine called VMProtect to hide its instruction set. He remarked that the use of a virtual machine added weeks to the time required for programmers to disassemble and describe the threat and mechanism of action. He discovered it logged and transmitted personal financial information from a compromised computer to a third party for potential financial gain as well as reported on computer configuration, communicated with a central server, exploited Internet Explorer 8, set up a SOCKS proxy, and acted as downloader for other malware. The virus was sophisticated enough to hide behind firewalls and go undetected for long periods of time. A list of around 4,800 URLs were CRC encoded (similar to hashing). This was dictionary attacked against a list of common URLs in September 2009 to produce a partial list of known sites with some duplication and ambiguity. The source code has never been reported to be shared or sold online.
A list of components discovered through decryption of the executable in 2009:
- SOCKS – Configures a SOCKS proxy server attackers can use to log into your bank from your work/home internet connection.
- PROT – Steals PSTORE (protected storage for Internet Explorer) saved passwords
- LOGGER – Attempts to steal online credentials if the URL is on the list.
- LOGGEREXT – Aids in stealing online credentials for websites with enhanced security, ie HTTPS
- SPREAD – Spreads Clampi to computers in the network with shared directories.
- ACCOUNTS – Steals locally saved credentials for a variety of applications such as instant messaging and FTP clients.
- INFO – Gathers and sends general system information
- KERNAL – the eighth module refers to itself as Kernal while running inside the proprietary protected virtual appliance.
- Gameover ZeuS, the successor to ZeuS
- ^Horowitz, Michael (2009-07-29). 'Defending against the Clampi Trojan'. Computerworld.
- ^ abcd'Inside the Jaws of Trojan.Clampi – Symantec Enterprise'. Broadcom Endpoint Protection Library. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- ^Elinor Mills (2009-07-29). 'Clampi Trojan stealing online bank data from consumers and businesses'. CNET. Archived from the original on 2018-06-29. Retrieved 2020-07-18.
- ^Ellen Messmer (2009-07-29). 'Clampi Trojan revealed as financial-plundering botnet monster'. Network World. Archived from the original on 2009-08-02.
- ^Brian Krebs (2009-09-11). 'Clamping Down on the 'Clampi' Trojan'. The Washington Post. Archived from the original on 2016-09-26. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- ^Kaspersky Team. 'What is the Clampi Virus?'. Kaspersky. Archived from the original on 2020-02-04. Retrieved 2020-07-18.
- ^Dreama Jensen (2016-12-16). 'Protect yourself against computer viruses — and scammers'. South Bend Tribune. Archived from the original on 2020-05-28.
- ^'VMAttack Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security'. doi:10.1145/3098954.3098995. S2CID7759690.Cite journal requires
- ^'What is the Clampi Virus?'. usa.kaspersky.com. 2017-11-02. Archived from the original on 2020-02-04. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
Download Zeus Virus Update
- Clampi virus targets companies' financial accounts – ABC News
- Massive Botnet Stealing Financial Info – PC World
- Inside the Jaws of Trojan.Clampi – Symantec Security whitepaper (archived)
You want all the latest information about GTA 5? This amazing app does the job for you. We keep you up to date with all the rumors, news facts and information about GTA 5.
But there is more. We give you background information about the main GTA V characters, the vehicles that can be found in this amazing Grand Theft Auto 5 game and a game guide to help you a little hand (when available).
With this app you also can view the newest screenshots, artwork en screencaps and save them in HD on your mobile phone as wallpaper. So flourish up your screen with these amazing GTA 5 backgrounds! In the meanwhile you can visit the GTA V theater, where you can watch the official trailers and other videos about Grand Theft Auto 5.
And if you’re bored play one of the brilliant mini games we have specially developed for you. Test your reaction time, tapping speed or memory with one of these games.
At last but not least, we have the official GTA 5 cheats, radio stations and map for you (when available). So if you’re a real GTA 5 fan, download this app now!
- Latest GTA 5 news and information
- View latest screenshots and artwork
- Countdown until release
- Save images as HD wallpapers
- Watch official GTA V trailers and videos
- Main characters
- Vehicles that can be found in GTA 5
- Radio stations*
- Map of GTA 5*
- Game guide
- Different GTA V mini games, including: Michaels Memory, Franklins Firefight and Trevors Tapgame.
*will be added when available
What's in this version:*update 1.04*
- Michaels Memory
- Franklins Firefight
- Share news with your Friends
- Some new wallpapers
- Wallpaper bug fixed
- Share app with your friends
- Save app on your SD-card