Forgot password to unprotect excel file or sheet? Now this article would introduce three effective methods to unprotect Excel (xls/xlsx) sheet/workbook/spreadsheet/worksheet without password while excel file is protected by open password or modify password.
Tips: If you forgot the open password to Excel file, please see how to open password protected Excel file without password.
Way 1: Unprotect Excel Sheet free with VBA code
If the zip technique is too complicated for you or if it was unable to crack Excel 2010 password then without any delay, download Excel Password Recovery on your computer. Even though the previous method can crack Excel password at ease, sometimes things could take a different turn than what you expect. Recover a password to open a workbook or worksheet. Excel lets you password protect your workbooks, and your worksheets. But, it’s easy to forget or misplace your passwords. Unfortunately, if that’s happened to you, we don’t have a way to help you recover a lost password. Excel doesn’t store passwords where you or Microsoft can look. You may follow the following steps: 1. Open the Excel XLSX file with 7-Zip. Browse to xl/worksheets/ folder. Right click on the sheet1.xml, sheet2.xml, etc. And chose option Edit.
If you just want to unprotect excel worksheet after forgot sheet password, this freeway is worth trying.
How To Crack Xlsx Password Key
Step 1: Open VBA.
1. Open the worksheet you forgot password to unprotect. Then enter Macro editor with Alt +F11.
2. In VBA project, double click the sheet you need to unprotect from the menu listing in the left or on the top. This will open the general declarations page for the sheet.
Step 2: Copy and paste following VBA code in general declarations page.
'Breaks worksheet password protection.
Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
On Error Resume Next
For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
MsgBox 'One usable password is ' & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
How To Crack Xlsx Password Manager
Step 3: Run the Macro in VBA editor.
Once the code is added correctly, run the Macro by pressing F5 or selecting RunRun Macro in the menu of VBA editor.
Step 4: Unprotect worksheet with generated code.
Then the Macro will return you to the worksheet you want to unprotect. And a box pops up with a usable code.
Just click OK in the box and you can see your worksheet become unprotected. It means it is the usable code that has helped to unprotect your worksheet.
Tips: You can use this power way only to unprotect or unlock your own worksheets.
Way 2: Unprotect Excel Sheet/Workbook safely with iSunshare software
If you feel above way is a little difficult, or it is not so safe enough for your excel file, this way will suggest you another more effective and safe software. We usually use it to not only unprotect sheet/worksheet/spreadsheet, but also unprotect workbook without password, because it can remove Excel protection password at once with only one click. And according to what it can do, we call it Workbook Unprotect Genius.
Step 1: Get Workbook Unprotect Genius to install and run on your PC.
Full version is recommended if you are sure to successfully unprotect your excel sheet in few seconds.
Step 2: Import excel file that includes the worksheet you need to unprotect.
The excel file you import should be saved in *.xlsx format and include the worksheet you want to unprotect. If it is *.xls file, convert it into *.xlsx at first. And then click Open button on iSunshare Workbook Unprotect Genius to browse and select it in your computer, then add it to iSunshare software with 'Open' button.
Step 3: Remove sheet password to unprotect Excel worksheet.
Tap on Remove Password button now and sheet password, workbook protection password and read-only password would be removed from excel file simultaneously, supposing your excel file is protected with all of these passwords.
Click OK and you would get an unprotected excel file, which contains your unprotected worksheet.
Way 3: Unprotect Excel sheet/workbook safely without password - Remove protection tag
First, I want to tell you the differences between the Unprotect sheet/workbook and the password protected sheet/workbook.
1. Get a excel file, and make it a copy it. Open one, and password protect the sheet and workbook.
2. Rename the file extension to .zip file, and use unzip program to unzip both excel files. Rename the unprotected one to folder1, and rename the password protected one to folder2.
3. Compare the file /xl/workbook.xml of the two folder, you will find password protected one has a <workbookProtection .../> tag, but the unprotected one doesn't have that tag. See how to compare two files.
4. Compare the file /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml, /xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml, /xl/worksheets/sheet3.xml on the two folder, you will find the password protected one has a <workbookProtection .../> tag, but the unprotected one doesn't have.
5. Remove all the <workbookProtection .../> tags of the password protected excel sheets and excel workbooks, and save it.
6. use zip program to compress all file on folder2, change the file extension to .xlsx, open it, then you will find all protected password have been remove for sheets and workbooks.
Congratulations on successfully unprotecting excel sheet/workbook/worksheet with above methods. If you still want to unprotect Word or PowerPoint document, just follow the articles below to do.